For over a quarter of a century, Nathan Adelson Hospice Volunteers have played a key role in our patient and family care services. Without the efforts of dedicated volunteers, we could not maintain the high quality services the community expects from Nathan Adelson Hospice. We invite members of the community, ages 13 years old and above, to become Nathan Adelson Hospice Volunteers!
In addition to making a difference in the lives of our patients and their families, volunteers will gain practical skills and knowledge through educational opportunities, monthly support sessions and a monthly newsletter.
- Patient/Family Support Volunteers - Provide companionship and support to hospice patients and their families in patient homes, nursing homes, assisted living facilities or our inpatient units.
- Transport Volunteers - Provide transportation to hospice patients to and from doctors' visits and shopping trips.
- Spiritual Care Volunteers - Provide spiritual support to hospice patients and their families and participate in monthly memorial services.
- Comfort Care Volunteers - Assist with the Bonnie Schreck Memorial Complementary Therapies program providing pet therapy, aromatherapy, massage therapy (must be a licensed LMT), reiki and reminiscence therapy.
- Clerical Volunteers - Provide administrative support to the Hospice staff. Filing, computer input, assembling information packets, bulk mailings, telephone support and reception work are examples of the types of work done by office volunteers.
- Community Outreach Volunteers - Host health fairs and community events representing Nathan Adelson Hospice. Speak to community groups about hospice programs and services.
- Camp Volunteers - The Camp Mariposa team aims to provide a fun, safe and memorable camp experience for each camper.
Please call for application forms for campers and/or volunteers.
Must be 13 years or older to volunteer. Volunteer opportunities are available for in-patient and non-patient related areas. Volunteer training is required for those choosing to volunteer with patients and families. Volunteer orientation is required for those choosing to volunteer in a clerical role.
For more information, call 702-733-0320.